Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Language of Faith

The worst enemy is the flesh. The flesh and natural human reasoning will try to limit you to your own ability.

You look at the circumstances, the influences, the problems, the cares; the tests, the storms, and the winds of adversity, and you say that you can't be an overcomer. The language of doubt, the flesh, the senses, and the devil is, "I can't. I haven't the ability or the opportunity or the strength. I have been limited and deprived in life."

But the language of faith says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). Paul wrote that to one of the churches.

Some might say, "But Paul was an apostle." Just because Paul was an apostle doesn't mean he had more strength than you do. Being an apostle didn't give him any extra strength. Preachers don't necessarily have any more to draw from than others do. They just have a ministry and an anointing to fulfill that ministry. But ministers have to face the same storms of life that each lay member does.

Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil 4:13). Paul didn't say he could do all things because he was an apostle. He said he could do all things "through Christ." You are "in Christ" just as much as Paul was.

Second Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." If you have been born again, you are a new creature in Christ too. Christ didn't belong to Paul any more than He belongs to you.

The language of faith says, "I can do all things through Christ. My Heavenly Father strengthens me. I cannot be conquered and I cannot be defeated."

You can do all things through Christ, just as much as Paul could. I'm speaking from a spiritual standpoint. If a test or trail comes against you, it can't whip you, because there aren't enough natural forces in all the world to conquer the Greater One who dwells in you.

1 John 4:4 - "greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."

This verse declares that you are fortified from within. I've learned how to put the Greater One to work for me. I've learned how to put Him to work in me. Not only am I born of God and made a partaker of His love, but I have dwelling in me the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead.

Therefore, I have God's wisdom, strength, and ability in me. I am learning how to let that wisdom govern my intellect. I am letting the Greater One who dwells within govern my mind and speak through my lips. I am daring to think God's thoughts after Him. I am daring to say in the presence of all my enemies of faith, "God is my Ability".

Psalm 23:4,5 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?

1 John 4:4 - You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you in greater than the one who is in the world.

Psalm 23 is for us. You need to make these confessions daily:
1. God prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Thank God, the Lord is my ability.
2. He is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.
3. In Christ, God has made me greater than my enemies.
4. God had made me to put my heel on the neck of weakness, fear, and inability. I stand and declare that whosoever believes on Christ shall not be put to shame (Rom. 10:11)
5. I cannot be put to shame. The strength of God is mine and in Christ I am greater than my enemies.

I am not trusting in my own strength because the Bible never said a word about my being strong in myself. Paul writes to the Church at Ephesus and said, "Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His MIGHT" (Eph. 6:10). God is your strength and your ability! So many people have the wrong idea about this. They are struggling, trying to put themselves over in life (in their own strength).



This is taken from the Faith Bible Study Course, Chapter 20 "Actions That Correspond With Faith" pp. 148-149, written by Kenneth E. Hagin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter how great the multitude against you:

you (singular) + GOD = THE MAJORITY =)

Thanks for posting this--I needed this today!